INSTALLER OF EV CHARGER POINTS IN GLASGOW
The future of cars is electric. That's why we provide installation of electric vehicle charge points in Glasgow.
Electric vehicles provide a great way to save money on fuel bills along with helping to save the enviroment.
Easyfix can install an electric vehicle charging point at your house or business.
We can install the following brand of electric vehicle charge point for you
Easyfix Electrical are OLEV Approved Installers of electric vehicle charge points. This means we can apply for the homecharge scheme of £350 on your behalf & deduct it from your invoice instantly so you don't have to wait several months to receive it back. As we are also one of the few companies in Scotland that are Energy Saving Trust EST Approved Installers we have access to a further £300 grant discount for home installs.
To qualify for a home charger your vehicle must be eligible under the scheme & can be found here. You must be the registered keeper or leaseholder of an electric vehicle & your parking must be off street. Zappi is our go to charger for most installs due to efficiency, technology & installation cost saving, more information can be found on our Zappi page.
Easyfix Electrical are able to install EV charge points at your workplace under the OLEV Workplace Charging Scheme for £350 per charger up to a max of 40 points. You can apply for the scheme using the online application portal. If your eligibility check is successful, you will be issued a unique identification voucher code via email which you then pass to us prior to the installation date. Vouchers are valid for 4 months.
All EV work has 2 years labour warranty along with manufacturer EV charger point warranty.
Call or E-mail for a free survey.
How to book installation & apply for grants
Step 1 Initial Enquiry
- Get in touch with Easyfix Electrrical by phone,email or text
Step 2 Free Survey
- We will arrange a free site visit to look & discuss the cable route, EV charger position & supply at meter details. We will also determine what type of EV charger will be installed. We work with most manufacturers.
Step 3 - Quote & Booking
- A free no obligation quote is issued. Once accepted we will arrange a suitable time for installation
Step 4 - Pre-Installation Paperwork
We will deal with sending away for the grants but will need the following information emailed over:
- Provide proof of ownership of your vehicle. This will depend on your category of ownership, whether you own outright, are leasing or have a company vehicle. OLEV will accept either V5 (log book), proof of purchase, proof of order or a letter if it is a company vehicle for which you will need the Annex I form.
- Provide an electricity bill or MPAN number (Meter Point Administration Number)
- Complete and sign an Annex D form
Step 5 - Installation Day
- Electrician will arrive in a uniform & branded van & confirm location of point etc.
- EV point will be installed & tested with a NICEIC certificate issued.
- A demo of how the EV charger works & any questions answered
Tethered or Untethered Charger
Tethered chargers are the more popular option for homes as it saves the need to get the cable from the car & plug it in.
Untethered chargers are suited better towards workplace points as it removes the need for Type 1 & Type 2 availability. Damaged cables can also lead to high maintenance costs. Staff tend to look after their own leads better.
Types of Electrical Vehicle Charge Points
When it comes to EV charge points there are 3 different types : Rapid, Fast & Slow.
- Rapid chargers can be found at supermarkets & service stations. An example of a rapid charger is the Tesla supercharger that can charge the vehicle 80% in just 20 minutes.
- Fast chargers can be installed at businesses & homes to let vehicles be charged in a few hours.
- Slow chargers are for overnight charging which can take 6-12 hours & are not practical.